Mouser Electronics, Inc. is focused on supplying 100% certified, genuine products from its manufacturing partners for electronic design engineers and buyers. Mouser introduces hundreds of new products each month and supports innovation by supplying engineers with the newest products, technologies and resources.
The news highlights from Mouser this week are:
- New Instalment – Mouser’s Empowering Innovation Together Technology Instalment Brings Engineers Up to Speed on WiFi7 Mouser unveils its latest instalment of the award-winning Empowering Innovation Together (EIT) technology series, examining WiFi7 and the ways it will revolutionise wireless communication. WiFi7 will usher in a new era of wireless technology and pave the way for faster, more reliable connections. Key specifications of WiFi7 include advanced features like quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), automated frequency coordination (AFC) and multi-user multiple inputs and multiple outputs (MU-MIMO), which will significantly increase the speed, capacity and reliability of current wireless networks. WiFi7 promises to reconstruct the way we connect with others by providing faster and more reliable access to data, streaming services and online gaming experiences than ever before. Through a range of articles, infographics, videos and The Tech Between Us podcast, Mouser offers valuable insight to the design engineering community on the advantages associated with this new technology, such as improved performance, additional security features, immersive technology capabilities, 8K streaming video and the relationship between WiFi7and 5G. The content notes how to leverage this cutting-edge technology in a wide variety of applications. This EIT instalment is sponsored by Mouser’s valued partners Intel, Broadcom, TE Connectivity, Taoglas, u-blox, Qorvo, TDK, and KYOCERA AVX.
- New Product – Mouser Now Shipping Microchip Technology LAN8650 and LAN8651 Single-Pair Ethernet Switches for Automotive and Industrial Applications Mouser is now shipping LAN8650 and LAN8651 industrial-grade single-pair Ethernet switches from Microchip Technology. The LAN865x series enables designers to connect 8-, 16-, and 32-bit microcontrollers that do not have a built-in Ethernet media access control (MAC) to 10BASE-T1S single-pair Ethernet (SPE) networks, enabling low-speed devices to connect to a standard Ethernet network, streamlining the need for dedicated communication systems in automotive and industrial applications. These single-pair Ethernet switches combine the common standard serial peripheral interface (SPI) and MAC, allowing interfacing with virtually any microcontroller and transfer of Ethernet packets utilising the OPEN Alliance 10BASE-T1x MAC-PHY serial interface specification. The 10BASE-T1S is the latest technology used to expand Ethernet to operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT) networks, even when they consist of incompatible devices and different physical hardware, allowing simultaneous transfer, transmission, and receipt of packets between station controllers and the LAN8650 and LAN8651. The LAN8650 and LAN8651 devices also feature time-sensitive networking (TSN) support, allowing for synchronised timing across far- reaching Ethernet networks, critical for many automotive applications such as advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS). In addition, the LAN8650 and LAN8651 are functional, safety-ready and designed for use in ISO 26262 applications.
- Content Stream – Mouser Shines Light on LED and Lighting Solutions with Extensive Resource Hub Mouser provides engineers and designers the most current resources for LED and lighting through a comprehensive solutions content stream. From lowering energy costs to controlled environment horticulture, Mouser explores a wide variety of trends, topics and products that empower engineers to better leverage LED technology. With the growing demand for energy-efficient and environmentally friendly lighting solutions, Mouser’s expansive catalogue of products, eBooks, articles and blogs empower engineers and purchasing professionals to stay ahead of the curve. The content resource explores topics such as LED basics, design considerations, product overviews, application notes and more, making it the perfect one-stop-shop for users who want to stay ahead of the fast-paced industry. Mouser stocks the industry’s widest selection of semiconductors and electronic components, including the following solutions for LED and lighting applications: the ams OSRAM OSCONIQ® E 2835 LEDs, the Cree LED J Series® 2835 LEDs, the onsemi NCL31010 PoE Interface LED Driver and the STMicroelectronics STEVAL-LLL014V1 Automotive LED Driver Eval.
- New Product – Mouser Now Stocking the Laird Connectivity Sona IF573 Wi-Fi 6/6E Modules with Bluetooth 5.4 for Next-Gen Industrial IoT Apps Mouser is now stocking the Sona™ IF573 Wi-Fi® 6/6E modules from Laird Connectivity. Designed specifically for next-generation industrial IoT connectivity applications, these robust, rugged and compact modules provide easy integration and highly reliable connectivity, allowing access to both PCIE and SDIO interfaces in a pluggable card or SMT M.2 packaging. These modules are high- performance, industrial-grade devices that are powered by Infineon Technologies’ leading AIROC™ CYW55573 chipset, available to order from Mouser, enabling Wi-Fi 6/6E beyond its standard requirements and enhancing the module’s range, reliability and robustness in congested networks for IoT applications or lower latency in AI applications. Adaptable to a variety of harsh RF IoT applications, these modules feature an integrated power amplifier (PA) and low noise amplifier (LNA), plus 2×2 MU-MIMO antennas for reliable connectivity. Along with its low-power consumption and radio architecture, the modules also feature a power management unit (PMU) with proprietary power-save technologies that help extend battery life. Additional features include support for WPA3 security standards and open-source software (Linux Backports package). Target applications include industrial IoT sensors and gateways, rugged handheld devices and medical equipment.
- New Distribution Agreement – Mouser Partners with Siemens on Distribution Agreement for Industrial Automation Solutions Mouser announces a distribution agreement with Siemens, a world leader in industrial automation. Siemens’ operations encompass factory automation and digitalisation in the process and manufacturing industries, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, rail transport solutions, as well as health technology and digital healthcare services. Mouser will be stocking parts from Siemens in a variety of product categories, including networking devices, human-machine interface (HMI) solutions, circuit protection and power supplies. Mouser now offers Siemens’ industrial automation products, such as the SIRIUS 2 contactors, which provide high contact reliability, prolonged endurance and usability in extreme conditions. Also available from Mouser, the Siemens SIRIUS ACT series offers a unique portfolio of elegantly designed push buttons, indicator lights and switches that perfectly embody style, intelligence, and physical toughness. The Siemens SITOP PSU100C power supplies feature a space-saving slim design and are suitable for distributed applications in control boxes or small control cabinets. The LOGO! logic modules are programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that enable quick implementation of automation projects.