Indium Corporation ® will feature an array of innovative thermal management solutions at SEMI-THERM, March 13‒17, in San Jose, CA.
Indium Corporation’s new line of innovative liquid metal pastes (LMP) has enabled a true liquid metal based TIM solution capable of handling heat dissipation issues while maintaining long-term reliability. With higher viscosity than standard liquid metal, Indium Corporation’s next generation LMPs offer:
- Rth as low as 0.03K/W
- Predictable spreading characteristics
- Lower risk of pump-out
- Lower total costs
Indium Corporation’s Heat-Spring ® solutions, ideal for TIM2 applications, are a compressible interface between a heat source and a heat-sink. These indium-containing TIMs offer superior thermal conductivity over non-metals—with pure indium metal delivering 86W/mK. They are available as pure indium, pure indium clad with aluminum to prevent sticking to the device under test (DUT), indium-silver alloys, and indium-tin alloys.
- Featured Heat-Spring ® products at SEMI-THERM:
- Are patterned to optimize contact with non-planar surfaces
- Provide uniform contact between the burn-in head and the DUT
- Provide more uniform thermal conductivity
- Clean with no residue
- Are recyclable and reclaimable
Indium Corporation’s GalliTHERM™ portfolio of gallium-based liquid metal solutions draws on the company’s more than 60 years of experience in manufacturing gallium-based liquid metals. These liquid metal TIMs are designed for both TIM1 and TIM2 applications. Liquid metal TIMs offer:
- High thermal conductivity for end-product longevity and reliability
- Low interfacial resistance against most surfaces, ensuring rapid heat dissipation
- Extraordinary wetting ability to both metallic and non-metallic surfaces
To learn more about Indium Corporation’s thermal management solutions, visit our experts at SEMI THERM.